Happy Happy Friday! We made it through the first “working” week of 2021 which is a huge accomplishment in itself, haha!
If you have been following us for a while you know that I (Rachael) don’t eat meat, however, I will still cook meals for my family that are not meatless.. so last night I made this recipe from Living with Landyn and it was a HIT! I obviously can’t speak from experience so you just have to trust my hubby + kids on this one, ha!
This makes a great dish for these chilly nights we have been having and was SUPER easy! If you make it, let us know what you think!
- 2 packs chicken thighs, skin on + bone in
- Juice of 5 lemons
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Pinch of fresh parsley or dehydrated
- Garlic paste, in the squeeze tube or 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs. Leave skin on. (full disclosure: I did not do this step, freaked me out lol)
- Sprinkle with salt + pepper.
- Heat your cast iron skillet to med/ high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil of your choice.
- Once oil is hot, place chicken thighs, skin side down and brown for 2-3 mins.
- Turn off the heat.
- Remove chicken from cast iron pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, squeeze the juice of 5 lemons. Add wine, garlic and parsley. Whisk together.
- Place chicken back in cast iron, pour lemon + wine mixture all over the top. Nestle already squeezed lemon halves in between chicken for color and flavor.
- Put cast iron skillet into a 375 degree oven and cook uncovered for 25 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.